I hope all of you had a great summer:)
since the summer is over I want to give you a quick reminder of how nice for DARE it was (or, to be more precise, for SIG 2 members:) - hot, sunny, beatiful city of Rome, tasty pasta and...fruitful talks on common projects.
Do you still remember that we discussed an idea of a common project, which would focus on the development of materials for HRE/EDC practitioners, combining it with adiovisual materials/techniques? Are you still interested in that?
The decision was made to explore this field in more detail and develop a common project about it. LCHR, the leading member of this initiative is organising a human rights film festival "Ad Hoc: Inconvenient Films" October 23 -30 in Vilnius. SIG 2 decided that this might be an opportunity for DARE members, who would like to get involved in the development of this common project, to meet and discuss possible activities, contribute as well as gain experience from people who are using human rights film in HRE/EDC.
We suggest a SIG 2 meeting date could be October 24-27. I am afraid this is the only date which we can offer if the meeting should be combined with the film festival. If a number of DARE members is interested in that, LCHR could do the following things:
- arrange a meeting programme;
- invite external experts working with films/audiovisual arts/video activism that could share their experience with us and give some food for thought;
- prepare a project draft.
That is why now I need your support ASAP. Please, can you send me an e-mail answering the following questions:
- Are you still interested in this initiative?
- Will you be able to participate in the meeting October 24-27?
- Would you like to contribute to the meeting and how (do you have experience, do you want to share it, bring some materials etc.)?
- Which of the project ideas that we discussed in Rome do you prefer:
- Preparation of a tool kit for HRE/EDC practitioners and multipliers, where pre-selected films on various HR aspects and topics could be listed, providing additional information on how to use these films as well where to obtain them etc.
- Development of new methods on how to use audiovisual materials in HRE/EDC, combine them with other tools, etc.
- Sharing experience among DARE members, who use human rights film in their practical work.
Human rights film festival "Ad Hoc: Inconvenient Films"
Lietuvos zmogaus teisiu centras (LZTC)/Lithuanian Centre for Human Rights (LCHR)
A. Smetonos g. 2/11,
Tel.: +370 5 262 88 58
Fax.: +370 5 262 89 60Web.:
Mob.: +370 605 12624