The latest publication of the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission, "Inspiring practice: resources, tools and activities for human rights education", has been designed to help people deliver workshops on human rights, including the Human Rights Act and the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR).
- information about human rights education
- sample activities, with clear instructions for facilitators
- easy to photocopy resource sheets to make preparation easier
- background information for facilitators
- links to key human rights conventions and legislation, and
- references and links to further resources and reading.
This manual will help educators and facilitators introduce ideas about human rights, and stimulate debate and further learning.
"Inspiring practice" is free to download (it's an online resource) at: http://www.nihrc.org/inspire .