A Scholarship Programme for Young Professionals Active in Citizenship Education from Central and South-Eastern Europe (Closing date: May 31st 2012)
The German Federal Agency for Civic Education (Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung/bpb) and the Robert Bosch Stiftung are awarding 16 scholarships to young professionals from Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia. We are looking for people at the beginning of their careers who wish to work internationally. We expect applicants to be already engaged in civic education and promoting democracy and social responsibility in their home countries.
What we offer
We offer the opportunity to work in a German educational institution and to participate in the network of European citizenship education. The programme aims to strengthen and develop efforts in civic education in Central and South-Eastern Europe. The programme language and the working language in the institutions is German.
We offer three different programmes (duration: 10-12 weeks). You need to choose one programme. Details are found in the German version of our application forms on www.bpb.de/inaktion.
A: Joining an existing project
You will contribute to an existing project in a German educational institution.
B: Implementing an own project
You will work on your own project in cooperation with a German educational institution.
C: Planning a study trip
In cooperation with your German host institution you will prepare a short study trip to your home country.
You want to promote democracy in your own country. You are active in civil society and you work for a NGO, a civic education institution, an initiative or a network dedicated to supporting civil society. You are interested in international, cross-border cooperation. You want to expand your professional horizon and improve your skills.
Then we want to get to know you!
Programme and Application in detail
Before applying please check if you meet the following prerequisites:
- You have good German skills in order to communicate with your German colleagues.
- You are a citizen of Bulgaria, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia or the Czech Republic.
- You are working as a free-lancer or full time in the field of civic education.
- You hold a university degree or have comparable qualifications and are at the beginning of your pr ofessional career.
- You are committed and can work independently.
In joining the programme you will profit from our long-standing experiences and international contacts. Beyond that, the programme includes:
- An internship in a civic education institution in Germany
- Introductory, intermediate and evaluation seminars in Germany (compulsory)
- Accommodation, food and spending money
- An optional family allowance
- Health, accident and liability insurance
- The opportunity to attend training events
- Travel expenses to Germany and back, and to the seminars and training events within Germany
- Participation in the NECE Conference 2013 including travel and participation costs (for details see German FAQ pdf)
- A certificate for successful completion of the programme
- Opportunity of networking with people working in other programmes of the Robert Bosch Stiftung and the Federal Agency for Civic Education.
Information can be found in the German FAQ pdf on the website. The introductory seminar is held in September 2012, the evaluation seminar takes place in May 2013. The exact date if internship in Germany is coordinated between the participant and the host organization.
How to apply
Are you interested? Then please apply by 31st May 2012 and include the following documents:
- A European CV (for details see German FAQ pdf)
- A letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) (in German, for details see German FAQ pdf)
- A project outline (in German, for details see German FAQ pdf)
- Name of the programme for which you apply (A, B or C)
- Short presentation of your home institution (for details see German FAQ pdf)
- Proof of experience in a civic education institute in the applicant's home country (in English or German)
- If you are in a permanent employment contract: a letter of support from the institut e where you are employed indicating you will be released from work for the duration of the programme and the compulsory seminars
- If you apply for programme C, a confirmation of your home institution that they are interested in supporting you organising a study trip
- Please indicate on the application how you heard about the programme
Further information and application forms: www.bpb.de/inaktion
Programme coordinator Mrs. Christiane Toyka Seid
Please send your application by e-mail before 31 May 2012 to:
Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung (Federal Agency for Civic Education)
Mrs. Christiane Toyka-Seid
If you have further questions, please go to www.bpb.de/inaktion, where you will find answers to the most common questions about a European CV, Aktionstage Politische Bildung (Civic Education Campaign Days) and the application forms.