In 2016 the Multicultural Centre Prague in collaboration with Nansen Dialogue Center Mostar held together a project empowering youth in Herzegovina to carry on their small projects. Around 50 secondary school students from cities of Mostar, Stolac, Čitluk and Jablanica took part in a four-days training in June that equipped them with practical tools on how to develop their own project. In upcoming months following the training, together with the support of their teachers the students independently created 7 own small-scale projects:
- prepared benches in Mostar and Stolac that helps young people to gather and chitchat in places where there was no place to sit
- grew herbs and flowers with help of a local supported employment centre
- helped to make their school accesible for their schoolmate on a wheelchair
- distributed cotton bags with information on recyling and information on nature protection
- made a graffiti on wall with a topic of human rights
The project Together against Xenophobia was realized with kind support of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic through Transition Promotion Programme.